Home Care Packages
If you’re an older person who wants to continue living at home, but you need some support to do so, then a Home Care Package may be the perfect solution for you.
A Home Care Package is a 'package' of personalised services that support you so that you can live a healthy, safe and independent in your own home as you get older. We can help around your home with tasks that are becoming difficult, help you get ready for the day or support you to get back to doing the things you love. Whatever your need, we’re here to help you live your most meaningful life.
Under the Consumer Directed Care (CDC) approach, you are the decision maker. You choose how your funds are used and how involved you want to be in coordinating your care. We will work in partnership with you to give you support and advice – as much or as little as you want or need.
You can choose a mix of services from each of these categories, and tailor a package to suit your needs:
- Home and garden – includes cleaning and tidying, making beds, laundry plus much more, because every home and garden is different!
- Personal care and wellbeing – includes showering, dressing, hair and make-up, shaving and nail care
- Community and companionship – includes access to dementia-friendly Social Centres, support to do the things you enjoy in your community
- Meal planning and preparation – includes meal preparation and shopping support
- Health care – includes wound care, respiratory care, continence care, occupational therapy, virtual hospital and palliative care
- Falls prevention and safety – includes falls prevention program including home safety and mobility aids, personal alarms.