Refer to Primary Care at Home
Primary Care at Home is a free service designed to reconnect clients with the primary health services they need.
Our nurse practitioner works alongside community support workers and other health providers to support the client’s education and management of their heath conditions at home. Together we create a care planning process and coordinate the client’s journey to support them to navigate the health system as needed.
This service is delivered in the Perth Metropolitan area in partnership with Ruah Community Services and other community organisations.
How do I refer a client?
What does the service involve?
Our nurse practitioner will visit the client in their place of residence and will:
- help the client connect with a regular GP for ongoing management of their health
- complete a comprehensive health assessment
- work with the client on an individualised care plan
- provide referrals to other health providers as needed
- arrange blood tests and other investigations and follow up of results if needed
- support the management of common acute and chronic conditions
- review the client’s medications if needed
- provide information and educate clients on their health conditions
- liaise with the client’s health providers (including their GP) where appropriate.
The service is free to clients who:
- live in metropolitan Perth
- have health concerns and are not currently not seeing a GP or health professional regularly
- are facing community disadvantage
- currently receives support from Ruah Community Services, Silver Chain or a partnered community organisation.
We currently partner with the following organisations to deliver this service:
- Ruah Community Services
- Richmond Wellbeing
- 55 Central Inc.
- St Patricks Community Support Centre
- Centre Care
- Uniting Care West
- Salvation Army
- Mission Australia.
For more information about the service, or becoming a community organisation partner, please send us an enquiry.
This service is delivered on behalf of: