Commonwealth Home Support Programme

Commonwealth Home Support Programme

Do you want to continue living at home but need a little bit of help to look after yourself and do the things you enjoy?

If this sounds like you, the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) may be a good option. It provides ‘entry-level’ home support services to seniors across Australia.

With CHSP, the focus is on keeping you independent and safe in your own home by providing hassle-free support in the areas you need it – like with cleaning, preparing meals or getting to social activities.

If you have been receiving services under Home and Community Care (HACC), then you are likely now receiving these same services under CHSP.

What’s included?

As a leading provider of the CHSP in WA, we have your individual care needs covered – now and as they change.

Your wellbeing

Looking after your wellbeing is at the heart of what we do, which is why we deliver personalised care that suits your needs – like help with showering, meals preparation or community activities. We’ll have you looking and feeling great.

Your health               

We deliver hospital-level health care in your home or community and have been looking after Western Australians  for over 110 years – so you can trust our specialist health teams to make sure you’re safe and well.

Your home

We know everyone’s home is different and we can help you keep it just the way you like. From gardening to cleaning to home maintenance, we can take care of it to give you more time and energy for the things you love.

Your support network

If you have someone caring for you, we can help arrange respite care whether it’s a few hours each week, or for a planned break. You can also join in fun and flexible activities at one of our friendly social centres.

Am I eligible?

You may be eligible for CHSP or other services if you’re over 65 years of age or over 50 years if you’re an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, and you:

  • need assistance to complete everyday activities
  • have special needs
  • have an illness
  • have dementia
  • need short-term support to help regain your health and independence.

If you are younger than this, and are living with a disability, you may still qualify for funding. You can access government subsidised care either through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) or Home and Community Care (HACC) for under 65s. If you need some help, see information for under 65s.

Find out more about how to apply for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme.

Need a bit more help?

If your needs change and you need a bit more help or you have more complex needs, a Home Care Package might be more suitable for you. We can help you understand the options available to you – enquire online or give us a call on (08) 9242 0119 or 1300 761 577 (for country callers).

Sign up

Receive insights and news on our latest innovative programs.

Return to top