The Wound Care Manual promotes a collaborative approach to the assessment and management of people with wounds and provides information on:
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin
- Factors affecting wound healing
- General wound assessment and management
- Specific advice on the management of burns, skin tears, leg ulcers, neuropathic feet, cancerous wounds, draining wounds, peristomal wounds and pressure injuries
- technical advice on drains and percutaneous tubes, bandages and surgical stockings
- Wound cleansing agents and all types of dressings.
The manual also includes a current index of Australian manufacturers and their products.
The cost for the Wound Care Manual is $59.95 (inc GST).