Costs & contributions
Costs & contributions
If you’re looking into your health and aged care options, we can help you understand what the costs are and give advice on how to access funding for services.
We understand that everyone is unique, with individual needs and preferences. We'll take the time to help you understand what’s available to you, and the costs involved.
For most older Australians, the cost of home care is subsidised by the Federal Government. Funding options are determined on an individual basis following an aged care assessment.
What type of aged care funding are you looking for?
What's the difference between HCP and CHSP?
If you’re looking into aged care options, you’ve likely heard of Home Care Packages (HCP) or the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). See our blog post on the differences between them and which might suit you best.Read the article
Home Care Packages are available in four care levels, determined by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). Each level comes with a set level of annual funding, which can be allocated to provide the support services needed to maintain your health, social life and independence.
Home Care Package service fees (as of 1 July 2019)
Last updated: 30 July 2019
*We do not generally provide these services outside of weekdays. If you require these services outside of weekdays, please contact us for a quote.
The minimum service charge is 30 minutes, and services will be billed in 15 minute blocks thereafter.
Other fees and charges
Care Management is an essential component of every Home Care Package and ensures you receive the appropriate level of support that meets your current and future care needs. Your Care Co-ordinator:
- works to set up your care and services plan aligned with your personal goals and keeps it within your package budget
- coordinates and schedules your care and services
- regularly reviews your care and services plan with you to ensure it suits your needs.
The Package Management fee covers the costs of administering your Home Care Package including:
- management of your package funds
- preparation of monthly statements
- quality assurance and compliance activities.
Income-tested fees and basic daily fees
These fees are controlled by the government and include the:
- basic daily fee – this is currently capped at a maximum of 17.5% of the age pension, or $9.44 - $10.54/day depending on your package level. You can choose to pay this fee, or part thereof, depending on the level of care and support that you require.
- income-tested fee – this is determined by the Department of Human Services based on your assessable income. It does not include the value of your home or other assets.
If you need to cancel your service, please give us at least 24 hours notice. Otherwise a cancellation charge may apply.
We can engage external service and equipment providers on your behalf for a 10% processing fee. This ensures safety and quality monitoring of your services.
We do not charge a travel cost to come out to your home. Any travel that occurs during your support visits will be charged at $0.78 per km.
If you receive a Home Care Package, you may be eligible for additional supplements. These can be for:
- specific care needs – such as dementia and cognition support, oxygen or enteral feeding
- a Veterans’ supplement.
Ask your care co-ordinator about supplements when you meet with them.
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) provides basic home support services to seniors across Australia. To be eligible for services under CHSP, your care needs will be assessed by the Regional Assessment Service (RAS).
The Australian Government expects you to contribute to the cost of your care. Fees vary depending on the type of care you are receiving and your financial situation.
CHSP funding now in WA
Find out everything you need to know about Home and Community Care (HACC) funding being replaced by the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) from 1 July 2018.Find out more
We offer our home care services on a private, fee-paying basis. There’s no waiting list and no need for an assessment which means you can get the care you need right away. Find out more about private services.
We have an experienced team who can tell you about our home care programs, and help you understand government funding and whether you are eligible.
(08) 9242 0119 or 1300 761 577 for country callers
We’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Estimating your fees
You can get an estimate of the fees and payments you may be asked to pay for aged care using the My Aged Care fee estimator.