Refer a patient to Home Hospital
The partnership between GPs and Home Hospital is crucial to delivering the best care and outcomes for patients. If you have a patient who’s eligible for our in-home nursing care, here’s how to refer them.
Referring your patients is easy
1300 Home Hospital (1300 466 346) and speak directly to our Ambulatory Liaison Nurses (ALN's) to discuss your referral and determine if your patient is eligible.
Alternatively, download, complete and fax in one of our referral forms listed below to (08) 9444 7265. One of our ALNs will call you back to discuss your referral.
To be eligible, patients must:
- be referred from a GP, specialist, medical practitioner, St John Ambulance or nurse in a community setting, Health Direct, Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF), clinic, hospital or ED
- be living at home or in a residential aged care facility
- require short term acute and sub-acute care that can be delivered safely in the home
- not require an emergency response and be safe to wait up to four hours
- be aged 13 and over
- be no more than 22 weeks pregnant
- be able to communicate effectively, directly or through an interpreter
- be medically and mentally stable
- be Medicare eligible
- have given their consent.