Support for family & carers
We understand that caring for a family member or friend can be a full-time role. As a carer of someone in their senior years or someone with an intellectual or physical disability, you may need regular breaks to renew your energy. We can provide respite services and advice to help you support your loved one.
Our respite service enables you to take time out from your caring role to look after your own health and wellbeing. You can rest assured that the person you care for has the benefit of a short break with friendly, highly trained staff in a safe and comfortable environment.
Through quality education and advice, we can help carers and families become better equipped to ensure that the person you are caring for can live as independent, safe and supported in their life as possible.
Our respite care and support services include:
- mental health education and support for family and carers of those with mental health issues
- support for those living with dementia or caring for someone who does
- disability health education and support for family and carers of those with a disability
- planned and emergency respite opportunities for carers
- social Centres offering a comfortable, safe and fun environment
- overnight respite at our Rockingham Cottage to give you the opportunity to take a break and recharge.
Carer Gateway is a new Australian Government initiative that provides easy access to trusted information and advice to help unpaid carers find services and support.
Carer Gateway is available 8am-6pm weekdays on 1800 422 737 or at the Carer Gateway website.
Get started today
For more details about any of our care giver support services, call us on (08) 9242 0242 (or 1300 650 803 for country callers) to discuss your needs. We’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.