Falls prevention & safety
Don’t let a fall or the fear of falling hold you back from doing the things you want or need to do.
Often, we face a real loss of confidence and independence after a fall, as well as the risk of further injuries.
With one in three people over the age of 65 experiencing a fall, it’s not an uncommon reality for a lot of seniors.
Our specialist health and home care team is committed to helping you prevent or recover from a fall and get back on your feet.
Common causes of falls
Falls are often caused by the following:
- Physical factors - objects in the home and garden that can be trip hazards
- Health factors - poor eyesight, weak muscles and poor co-ordination and balance
- Medications - some types of medications can interact with each other and affect balance or cause dizziness and fatigue
- Sore feet and unsafe shoes - this may cause poor balance and make you unstable on your feet
- Poor diet and hydration - this can cause dehydration and dizziness. Poor nutrition can also result in lower bone density which increases the risk of a fracture in the event of a fall.
We can help you stay on your feet
Our specialist care team consists of highly skilled physiotherapists, occupational therapists and podiatrists. They are experienced in supporting people to remain safe and active in their home and community.
We’ll meet with you to get to know you, and discuss your needs. With a focus on your health and wellbeing, together we’ll develop an in-home care plan tailored to you to enable you to stay safe, independent and confident on your feet.
Our complete falls prevention services include:
Short term programs
Short term programs designed by our in-house occupational therapists and physios to help improve your mobility, balance and strength to give you back the confidence in your own abilities.
Having a fall can be frightening. What can be worse is not being able to call for help. Our personal alarm will give you peace of mind, knowing that someone is there to answer your call for help, any time of the day or night.
Enable your family, friends or emergency services access to your home in case of an emergency with our keysafe, a locked box which can store your house key.
How we can help
Call us to see how you can access our specialised health care team and services.
(08) 9242 0119 or 1300 650 803 for country callers
We’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.