Our Home Hospital service enables you to receive hospital-level care in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
Our team consists of experienced medical practitioners, nurse practitioners and nurses who work together to provided high-level acute care, normally provided in a hospital or emergency department.
Our Home Hospital service helps you avoid a hospital visit and remain at home. We find that home is a more comfortable, less stressful environment and can improve quality of life for you, and your family and carers.
This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What can be treated?
We treat a wide range of conditions that would otherwise require hospitalisation. This includes:
- IV antibiotics – some conditions (typically infections) require antibiotics to be administered via a vein, usually in your arm
- IV rehydration therapy – rehydration via a vein in your arm is provided when you are unable to tolerate oral fluids
- iron infusions – needed if you’re unable to absorb iron through your gut, or you’re in need of a rapid increase in iron levels
- anticoagulation management (‘blood thinners’) – may be required for many reasons, including cardiac problems, thrombosis or pulmonary embolus, and include ongoing monitoring of your condition
- wound care – our expert team use the latest techniques and technologies available to treat a range of wounds
- catheter management
- gastronomy (PEG) tube re-insertions.
Our focus is on providing the highest quality clinical care.
We also run a virtual hospital service in WA, which brings the latest technology and innovation into your home.
Our focus is on providing hospital-level care in the home and increasing access to medical professionals when you need it most. Our virtual hospital currently treats about 650 clients.
Priority Response Assessment (PRA)
Our Priority Response Assessment (PRA) is a unique assessment service that provides advanced clinical assessments to clients in your home or residential care facility. This is designed to help you avoid a hospital or emergency department visit.
The service is available between 7am–11pm, seven days a week. Our PRA nurses will respond to your call within four hours.
To contact this priority service, call 1300 650 803.
How do I get this service?
For more details on our Home Hospital service, please call our Contact Centre on (08) 9242 0242 to discuss your needs. We’re available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How much does it cost?
Home Hospital services are generally free, but for some services you may need to contribute to the cost. To check, see costs & eligibility.
Making a referral
The partnership between GPs and Home Hospital is crucial to delivering the best care and outcomes for clients. If you have a patient who would benefit from this service, please see how to refer to Home Hospital.
As well as receiving hospital-level medical and nursing care at home, you can also receive personal care and domestic assistance if required on a short-term basis to support your recovery at home. Ask us how.
Contact Centre on (08) 9242 0242
Home Hospital is a cost effective, flexible and sustainable solution to manage the increase demand on acute services. It helps keep our hospital beds free for those who need them most, by bringing hospital-level care into the home.