Our country nurse practitioners are located at our Shark Bay, Lancelin and Leeman Remote Health Centres.
Nurse practitioners are registered nurses who have completed additional education and training to provide advanced clinical care in the community.
Our nurse practitioners can help you manage your health by:
- improving your access to community-based health services
- helping you manage chronic conditions
- referring you directly to other health care professionals when needed
- prescribing your medications and therapies
- ordering tests (including confidential sexual health, pap smear and sexually transmissible infection screening) and interpreting the results
- helping to arrange access to our Health Navigator program.
They will also communicate with other nurses and health care providers to ensure you receive the care and support you need. This can include:
- your general practitioner (GP)
- medical and surgical specialists
- physiotherapists or occupational therapists
- mental health providers.