Our occupational therapy team can help you to continue with a lifestyle and everyday activities that are meaningful and purposeful, while maintaining your independence.
Our services include reablement and prevention of functional decline through individualised programs.
We will visit you in your home to assess your current abilities, including:
- balance and co-ordination
- reduced function
- vision and hearing loss
- memory loss or confusion.
Working closely with you and your family throughout the assessment and intervention process, we aim to teach new techniques, provide advice on equipment and make you home safer.
Our occupational therapists can provide practical advice and assistance with:
- home safety assessments
- falls assessments, prevention, education and training
- advice and training on home modifications and equipment (such as mobility aids)
- functional assessments to assist with personal care and domestic activities
- access to in-home nursing services, if needed
- advice about personal alarms
- arm and hand use following an injury, stroke or other health issue
- memory, concentration, problem solving, thinking, sensing and planning difficulties
- information about other resources available in the community.
Our aim is to help you remain safe, independent and active in your home and community.
How much does it cost?
Find out more about costs and eligibility.
How do I get this service?
For more details on our service, please contact our Allied Health Liaison team on (08) 9242 0347.