Falls prevention & safety
A fall and the subsequent fear of falling often results in you being unable to do the things you want or need to do, a loss of confidence and independence and risk of further injuries.
With one in three people over the age of 65 experiencing a fall, our specialist health and home care team is committed to helping you prevent or recover from a fall.
Common causes of falls
Falls are often caused by the following:
- Physical factors - objects in the home and garden that can be trip hazards
- Health factors - poor eyesight, weak muscles and poor coordination and balance
- Medications - some types of medications can interact with each other and affect balance or cause dizziness and fatigue
- Sore feet and unsafe shoes - this may cause poor balance and make you unstable on your feet
- Poor diet and hydration - this can cause dehydration and dizziness. Poor nutrition can also result in lower bone density which increases the risk of a fracture in the event of a fall.
We can help you stay on your feet
Our specialist care team consists of highly skilled physios, occupational therapists and podiatrists. They are experienced in supporting people to remain safe and active in their home and community.
We’ll meet with you to get to know you, understand if you have had any falls in the past and discuss your needs. With a focus on your health and wellbeing, together we’ll develop an in-home care plan tailored to you to enable you to stay safe, independent and confident on your feet.
Our complete falls prevention services includes:
Short term programs designed by our in-house physio team to help improve your mobility, balance and strength to give you back the confidence in your own abilities.
Having a fall can be frightening. What can be worse is not being able to call for help. Our personal alarm will give you peace of mind, knowing that someone is there to answer your call for help, any time of the day or night.
Enable your family, friends or emergency services access to your home in case of an emergency with our key safe, a locked box which can store your house key.