Our palliative care is focused on increasing comfort and achieving the best quality of life possible, in the place, and with the people, of your choosing.
Being given a terminal diagnosis can be a difficult transition for you and your family. To make this process a little more manageable we can support you to stay in the comfort of your own home, through our palliative care service across Adelaide & South Australia.
RDNS SA provide a community based palliative care service encompassing support and symptom management to clients and their families.
In recognition that each client is unique, we develop a care plan for you in conjunction with you and your family. Care is coordinated with other care providers involved in your care.
Our team of dedicated clinical and registered nurses aim to provide you with a seamless service, working in close collaboration with your medical specialists, general practitioners (GP), allied health professionals and regional palliative care services.
They focus on:
- providing personalised care
- making you as comfortable as possible through pain relief and psychological support
- enabling you to spend time with the people closest to you
- ensuring that your rights are respected and you maintain a level of independence in your care and decision making
- providing professional and consistent care in your home environment
- making referrals to other health care agencies as required
- building community systems to support you and your family.
Our approach ensures that every part of your wellbeing is understood and looked after respectfully.
How to access palliative care
You will be referred to this service by the Metropolitan Referral Unit (MRU). If you feel this service is right for you, speak to your doctors about your options.
For more details on our palliative care service, please call our Contact Centre on 1300 364 264 – we’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recognise that each person is unique, with individual needs and preferences that cannot be assumed. By providing palliative and hospice care at home, we’re able to support a range of individuals to live their best lives in the way they choose.