This training is currently only delivered in Western Australia, though a range of other training options including online learning are available across Australia.
What does the course cover?
The syllabus incorporates:
- Acute and chronic wound healing
- Assessment of the person, their wound and wound healing environment
- Application of evidence-based goals of care and treatment interventions
- Use of clinical risk management tools and strategies for wound prevention
- Enhanced clinical decision making skills in the management of surgical and traumatic wounds, lower leg ulcers, neuro-ischaemic foot ulcers, pressure injuries, complex draining wounds and malignant wounds
- Cultural diversity and health literacy impacts
- Optimisation of quality of life and interprofessional collaboration.
How long is the course?
The master class program is usually conducted 6 times a year over 5 consecutive Tuesdays.
To enrol or for further information
For information about dates, availability and how to enrol, please contact our team below.