Silverchain is nationally recognised as a leader in wound care. This 5-day program is applicable to nurses, doctors and allied health professionals who want to advance their knowledge in wound healing and clinical competency in the assessment and management of wounds.
This training is currently only delivered in Western Australia, though a range of other training options including online learning are available across Australia.
What does the course cover?
The syllabus incorporates:
- Acute and chronic wound healing
- Assessment of the person, their wound and wound healing environment
- Application of evidence-based goals of care and treatment interventions
- Use of clinical risk management tools and strategies for wound prevention
- Enhanced clinical decision making skills in the management of surgical and traumatic wounds, lower leg ulcers, neuro-ischaemic foot ulcers, pressure injuries, complex draining wounds and malignant wounds
- Cultural diversity and health literacy impacts
- Optimisation of quality of life and interprofessional collaboration.
How long is the course?
The master class program is usually conducted 6 times a year over 5 consecutive Tuesdays.
To enrol or for further information
For information about dates, availability and how to enrol, please contact our team below.