Hospital in the Home (HITH)
Following referral from a public hospital, we can continue your care in the comfort and privacy of your own home through our Hospital in the Home service.
Hospital in the Home (HITH) provides short-term care in your home for health conditions that are traditionally treated in hospital.
Our team is professionally trained to co-ordinate and deliver your care to National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) standards.
Referrals appropriate for HITH include (but are not limited to):
- skin inflammations (cellulitis)
- blood clot/s in your legs
- blood clot/s in your lungs
- pneumonia and severe chest infections
- urinary tract infection (UTI)
- bone infections (osteomyelitis)
- other conditions requiring daily medications that need to be administered by a nurse.
We provide a home visiting service, seven days a week, and phone support 24 hours per day, seven days a week.
How to access this service?
This service is available to people living in the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service catchment area.
To determine if you are eligible for HITH, please ask your doctor or call our Contact Centre on 1300 650 803 to find out more. We’re available to take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
This program is funded by the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service.