Primary care in Western Australia
The free Primary Care at Home (PCAH) program is designed to reconnect vulnerable and disadvantaged people in Perth with the primary health services they need.
You or your client may have had difficulty connecting with GPs, understanding health matters and medical information, or are simply disconnected from the health care system.
Our caring expert team provide direct care at your choice of location, be it at home, a community organisation or even a public space.
We take the time to understand you or your clients needs and physical health needs and work with you and them to set up a plan. They will then help to find a doctor and assist in building a relationship of trust between doctor and client.
- The PCAH service is free and available for people who:
- live in metropolitan Perth (Two Rocks to Pinjarra)
- have health concerns and are not currently seeing (or do not engage well with) a doctor or health professional
- (typically but non essential) are facing community disadvantage and/or receiving support from community service organisations.
What we can provide
Nurse Practitioners create a trusted bridge between clients and primary health professionals, providing a flexible service and advanced clinical assessment, diagnosis, monitoring and evaluation, including:
- collaboration with current providers and GPs for ongoinghealth management
- collaboration with community support workers toprovide holistic care
- development of an individualised care plan
- referrals to and liaison with other health providers
- if required, pathology tests and other investigations andfollow up of results
- diagnostics investigations/screening and follow up ofresults (eg chest x-ray)
- management of acute and chronic conditions (eg chestinfections, diabetes, depression, asthma)
- pharmacological and medication management
- health prevention activities.
Wait times for the program are minimal. We will contact you or your client within 7 days of referral.
Primary care in New South Wales
This service is currently unavailable in New South Wales.
Primary care in Queensland
This service is currently unavailable in Queensland.
Primary care in South Australia
This service is currently unavailable in Southern Australia.
Primary care in Victoria
This service is currently unavailable in Victoria.