Palliative Care Home Support Packages program (PEACH)
Working in partnership with the South Western Sydney Local Health District, the PEACH program is designed to ensure safe and comfortable end-of-life care at home.
This palliative care program provides rapid access to clinical and related support services and supports people to remain within the comfort of their own home for their last days.
Care packages include:
- a daytime visit by an assistant-in-nursing to provide daily personal care and/or respite for carers
- an evening visit by a registered nurse for clinical care and support
- access to specialist advice and support, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Services are provided in conjunction with, and in the areas of these local health districts:
- South Western Sydney Local Health District
- Nepean Blue Mountains LHD
- Illawarra Shoalhaven HD
- Sydney LHD
How to access this program
Your Local Health District community or palliative care nurse can refer you to the program.
Our services are delivered in accordance with the Standards for Providing Quality Palliative Care for all Australians. (2005, Palliative Care Australia 4th Edition).