Please complete the following questions so we can help you find the service that suits your needs.
I am located in...
Dedicated volunteers have been supporting Silver Chain, our clients and staff throughout our history. Our trained volunteers enhance the quality of service we provide to people and their families through a range of activities including:
- Providing carer respite.
- Providing companionship, conversation and support .
- Assisting at special events, and promotions and general fundraising
We have over 400 volunteers working with us, more than half of whom help our clients and families in country and remote locations. Demand for the invaluable support of volunteers is constant. Our volunteers benefit from:
- Helpful and interesting ongoing education.
- Support and feedback.
- The great value of being a team member and being appreciated.
- Eligibility to be reimbursed for all out of pocket expenses incurred.
- Training, orientation and continual encouragement.
- The chance to meet lots of great people!
No special skills are required you just need to be a caring person with some time to help those in need in your community. Silver Chain regards its volunteers as an integral part of the organisation. Due to Silver Chain Policy, Procedures and Insurance Requirements, Volunteers must be over 18 years of age to undertake volunteer work with Silver Chain. Download a Volunteer Application Form here.
For more information about becoming a volunteer please contact Silver Chain on 9242 0242 or email@example.com for further details.