Please complete the following questions so we can help you find the service that suits your needs.
I am located in...
We provide clinical care and support for those who wish to die at home or remain at home for as long as possible.
Our Last-Days-of-Life Palliative Service, funded by the NSW Ministry of Health, supports existing Local Health Districts (LHD) specialist palliative care and community health services, to provide additional services for you and your carers.
Regardless of age or diagnosis, if you or a loved one is in a deteriorating or terminal phase of illness with a prognosis of days to weeks, we can provide you with one of our Last-Days-of-Life Home Support packages.
Our Last-Days-of-Life Home Support packages are available over a seven day period but may be extended as required.
Daytime (8:00 am to 3:30 pm)
An Assistant in Nursing specialising in end-of-life care visits each day to provide support with personal care for patients and/or respite for carers.
Evening (3:30 pm to 11:00 pm)
A Registered Nurse specialising in end-of-life-care visits each evening to provide clinical care and psychosocial support.
Overnight (11:00 pm to 8:30 am)
A Registered Nurse specialising in end-of-life-care is on call to provide clinical advice and psychosocial support.
All carers are provided with a tablet to access clinical advice and support from Silver Chain at anytime.
The service is available in the following metropolitan and regional areas throughout New South Wales:
Sydney Metropolitan Areas
In Sydney Metropolitan region we are partnering with South Western Sydney Local Health District to provide Palliative Care Home Support Packages (PEACH Program) in the following areas:
- Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
- Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
- Sydney Local Health District: Sydney
- South Western Sydney Local Health District
- Western Sydney Local Heath District
In regional NSW we are partnering with the following local health districts:
- Hunter New England Local Health District (services are available in the upper and lower Hunter Valley and around the Westlakes area)
- Mid North Coast Local Health District (services are available in Coffs Harbour, Bellingen Nambucca and Macksville areas)
- Northern NSW Local Health District (services are available in Lismore, Casino, Kyogle, Nimbin, Ballina, Evans Head, Byron Bay and Ocean Shores areas)
How to get this service:
To find out if you are eligible for this service funded by NSW Ministry of Health, please contact your Local Health District Palliative Care Team or speak to one of our regional or Sydney Metro Clinical Nurse Consultant Managers via our Contact Centre direct on 1300 758 566.