The Silver Chain Group is committed to involving the people who experience our services in the planning, delivery, research and evaluation of what we do. Our Consumer Participation Framework establishes the legitimacy of consumer participation as an integral part of the organisation’s business. It ensures consumers are being involved in decision making about their own care, service planning, service design, policy development and quality improvement. Without information and feedback from our consumers, we would be unable to tailor our services to meet their ongoing needs.
If you are a consumer of the Silver Chain Group’s services and would like to participate or learn more about consumer participation in all states, please contact our Client Care Centre:
WA – (08) 9242 0242 (Perth only) or 1300 650 803 (Country)
SA/ QLD – 1300 364 264
We welcome feedback, including compliments, or suggestions for improvement from you and your family as it helps us to improve our services. Our Client Advocate or Client Liaison Officer represents the interests of people who receive our services and is also responsible for managing complaints. If you have feedback about our services or wish to let us know how we could improve, there are several options available to you:
- Tell the one of our staff who visits you.
- Contact our Client Advocate in SA/QLD on 1300 364 264 or email email@example.com
- Client Liaison Officer in WA on (08) 9242 0242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to our Client Care Centre on (08) 9242 0242.
Alternatively you may contact an independent advocacy agency:
For WA Clients:
- Advocare Inc on (08) 9479 7566 or country Freecall™ 1800 655 566.
- People with Disabilities (WA) Inc on (08) 9485 8900 or country Freecall™ 1800 193 331.
- Health Consumers Council WA on (08) 9221 3422 or country Freecall™ 1800 620 780.
For unresolved health and disability complaints you can also contact the Health and Disability Services Complaints Office on (08) 9323 0600 or country Freecall™ 1800 813 583.
For SA Clients:
- Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner on 1800 232 007
- Disability Advocacy Complaints Service SA 1800 088 325
- Aged Rights Advocacy Service SA 1800 700 600
For QLD Clients:
- Queensland Aged Care and Disability Advocacy Inc - 1800 818 338
- The Health Quality and Complaints Commission - 1800 077 308
- National Aged Care Advocacy line - 1800 700 600
For unresolved complaints or concerns about an Australian Government subsidised aged care residential facility or community care package (eg CACP, EACH, CDC, NRCP etc) contact the Aged Care Complaints Scheme on 1800 550 552.
A 24 hour telephone interpreter service is available by calling 131 450 from within Australia.
For WA clients you can also call - +61 3 9203 4038 from overseas
For SA Clients call - +61 08 8226 1990 from overseas
This is an invaluable service for people who do not speak English as their first language.